Home > Windows 7 > 16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Error Windows 7

16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Error Windows 7

Contents

The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications " is displayed when installing Backup Exec for Windows Server 9.x Below are some solutions of how to In Notepad, type the following entries: dos=high, umb device=%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\himem.sys files=40 On the File menu, click Save As. Right click the autoexec.nt file and click properties. 3. The Autoexec.nt file will not. Source

Start Windows Explorer. If Autoexec.nt resides in the System32 folder, go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad.  Important!: Windows Vista and Windows 7 users should right-click on Notepad and choose Run On your desktop, right click, and choose new, text document. The sytem file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. read this article

16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Error Windows 7

In the right pane, right-click on any blank space inside the window and click Paste. 0 Message Expert Comment by:Richard19682005-04-26 I have seen this problem on about 10 to 15 This will stop the autoexec.nt file from being removed during the reboot process. Previous WINDOWS - ICON SIZE Next Save settings when closing Windows session Subscribe to our newsletter Subscribe Team Terms of Use Contact Policies CCM Benchmark Group health.ccm.net WINDOWS - ICON SIZE Tip:To restore these files back to their original format, you can expand the files from your Microsoft Windows XP or 2000 restore CD.

• Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Nov 28, 2004 Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Log In
  • Like most problems, there is a solution for this.
  • Could someone help me out, i'm a little confused.
  • Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.
  • WebKing, http://www.softwaretohardware.com 0 LVL 1 Overall: Level 1 Message Expert Comment by:jiawoo2005-06-14 Why do i keep getting this error message C:\WINDOWS\System32\Autoexec.nt What error message that windows show?
  • Restore the autoexec.nt and config.nt files from the repair folder For users who do not have their Windows XP or 2000 CD or want to try restoring their backup files from

If the file was removed, do the following. 1. This may cause the application to function incorrectly. Part 2: Copy the Files To the System32 Directory: 1. Config.nt Windows 7 does anyone know what's going on.

Others above have also mentioned about read only. Config.nt The System File Is Not Suitable For Running Ms-dos And Microsoft Windows Applications Thank you so much!!! Often touted as the last version of Windows, it is now a constantly evolving Windows as a Service solution. http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/92723.html Solution 1 Solution 2 Solution 3 When trying to install a 16 bit Windows on your PC, the following error message appears on your screen: c:\windows\system32\autoexec.NT.

Please let me know. Config.nt Windows Xp I did first try sparky4ca's suggestion, but it didn't work. so i just change the attribute of the file n bingo. The methods are covered in more detail in o… Network Analysis Networking Network Management Paessler Network Operations Advertise Here 767 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7

Config.nt The System File Is Not Suitable For Running Ms-dos And Microsoft Windows Applications

In the File Name box, type "Autoexec.nt" (without the quotation marks), and then click Save. 10. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/114718-45-autoexec-file Choose 'Close' to terminate the application. 16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Error Windows 7 However, I have found that on most new systems all of the files on the CD have been copied to the HD. Config.nt Not Suitable For Running Ms-dos Windows 7 Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Oct 8, 2004 am receiving a similar error, but it displays this application cannot run due to 'autoexec.nt' error.

I have searched and searched resources, support groups, knowledgeable IT professionals, etc. this contact form Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Nov 23, 2004 thanks for the great advise. Try run 16 bit application (Start, Run, Command.com) you might not able to open it. Microsoft suggests doing this in DOS by expanding the commands from the XP disc, which I have done and does not resolve the problem. Config.nt File Download

Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Jan 1, 2005 Why do I receive an error when I attempt to run a 16-bit program under Windows CAUSE This issue may occur if one or more of the following files are missing or damaged: Config.nt Autoexec.nt Command.com RESOLUTION To resolve this issue: Click Start, and then click Run. Before going to all of the steps that are listed above, I would do the following. have a peek here Thanks so much for helping me see my stupidity.

As a matter of fact it will not let me delete overwrite it or modify it. Config.nt Windows 7 Location If all else fails to find the files, each file is just a few lines of code that can easily be entered in Notepad as instructed in the Microsoft Article. The tech support guy suggested finding a friend with a CD...no one I know has XP.

Start Windows Explorer. 2.

All of the resources I've searched points to this as the resolution. Request for Question Clarification by pwizard-ga on 29 Oct 2002 19:53 PST Greetings mellen, I think I can help to solve your problem, but I don't want to post an official At the beginning of each existing line of text, type: REM and add a space.  For example: lh %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\mscdexnt.exe becomes REM lh %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\mscdexnt.exeEnter the text listed below Step 10.  You may 16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Windows 7 Locate, and then right-click Config.nt, and then click Copy. 3.

Method 1: Expand the Files From the Windows XP CD-ROM ----------------------------------------------------- 1. Install the program again. Locate, and then right-click %SYSTEMROOT%\System32, and then click Paste. 8. Check This Out At the MS-DOS prompt, type the below lines.

Start Notepad. 2. In the File Name box, type "Autoexec.nt" (without the quotation marks), and then click Save. 10. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Worked a treat.

If it's missing from your system entirely, you definitely would be getting the error you're describing. Reboot the system and it should correct the problem.